National Military Services (VFW Support)
The VFW provides numerous services to military servicemembers and their families.
The three main efforts of the VFW Military Services department are:
· the Military Assistance Program (MAP) (www.vfw.com)
· Operation Uplink,( www.operationuplink.org )and
· Unmet Needs ( www.unmetneeds.com) .
Each program has a focus of support:
· MAP has helped fund Farewell and Welcome Home gatherings for military units worldwide.
· Operation Uplink provides free, pre-paid phone cards to servicemembers.
· Unmet Needs can give a one-time grant up to $2,500 for qualifying service members and their families experiencing financial hardship.
The VFW National Military Services program is reaching out to America’s heroes when and where they need it most.
Free phone time for troops and hospitalized veterans, emergency grants for struggling military families, heartfelt homecomings, deployment send offs to show we care ...and so much more.
National VFW. MAP Committee
500 Morton St
Dorchester Ma. 02124
VFW State house number 617-727-2612.