About the Falmouth Military Support Group
Don’t miss these Upcoming events:
The Falmouth Walk was a huge success.
Thank you to everyone who participated!
The Falmouth Walk Web site
Kathy and Carole receive a donation from Falmouth Walk Founders
Eddie Doyle & Tommy Leonard
Christmas Mailing 2010
Click here to see more photo's
The Falmouth Military Support Group is a non-profit 501 c 3 organization
staffed and managed entirely by volunteers. We were founded in 2003 and
organized exclusively for charitable purposes. It is the Falmouth Military
Support Group’s mission to provide moral and physical support to our areas
service members serving abroad and also when they return home. We mail comforts from home
and encouraging mail on at least a monthly basis to our “kids” serving overseas.
We also provide support for their families and friends by providing a meeting
place where we can all gather in support of each other.
Cape Cod Christmas Parade 2009
- Raised more than $240,000 to support our cause.
- Mailed over 4,500 packages to over 450 area service members that have served abroad since 2003.
- Continue to mail monthly packages and average $1,000 per month on postage and supplies.
- Have given gift cards and gifts to service members serving after their return from overseas duty, totaling more than $40,000.
- Provide addressed envelopes at key business around town so that our service members can receive letters of encouragement from local and visiting citizens.
- Continue to place yellow ribbons around the town and replace as needed.
- Hold family support meetings, 2nd & 4th Mondays of the month, except holidays, at the Gus Canty Recreation Center, 790 E. Main St., Falmouth, MA at 7:00pm.
- Given over $13,000 in post-secondary scholarships to our returning Cape OIF/OEF Veterans in the last two years.
- “Cell Phones for Soldiers” Collector, in return provide AT&T phone cards to our deployed.
It is the Falmouth Military Support Group’s mission to provide moral and
physical support to our areas troops serving abroad and also when they return
home. We mail comforts from home and encouraging mail on at least a monthly
basis to our “kids” serving overseas. We also provide support for their families
and friends by providing a meeting place where we can all gather in support of
The Falmouth Military Support group was formed in March of 2003 at the start
of the Iraq War. Two mothers from North Falmouth wanted to get together with
other families to talk, and support each other while their children were
deployed. It wasn’t long before the small group decided to make yellow ribbons
to hang around town as well as collect items and donations to send to the troops
It has now been 9 years and members have come and gone but several have
hung in for support since the start. Today the group still mails packages of
items from home, usually two packages for each service member a month. Items and
donations are always needed for this venture.
- Volunteers gettting the Christmas mailings together -
LETTER WRITING CAMPAIGN
We also have a letter writing campaign. Each of the service members names and
addresses on our list, (names and information given to us by their families) are
addressed on envelopes that are put in boxes along with a brief biography of
each of them. Any one may take an envelope, learn a little about their service member,
write them a cheery note, put a stamp on the envelope and mail off in the pre-
addressed envelope. Our “kids” love getting letters, postcards and packages from
The Falmouth Military Support Group meets on the 2nd and 4th Monday evenings at 7:00 p.m. at
The Gus Canty Recreation Center on 790 E. Main St. in Falmouth, MA. There are no
meetings on Holiday Monday's when the Recreation Center is closed. Our meetings
are open to the public with the purpose of having a place to gather in support
of loved ones deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan. Meeting is informal.
We make and supply yellow ribbons to families of deployed “kids” as well as
for anyone that would like to show their support for our service members. We also make
and maintain all the ribbons at various places around the Falmouth area. For
example: The fences at The Falmouth Green- downtown Falmouth, MA and the fences
at the School Administration Building at the corner of Sandwich Rd. and Rt. 28
MAIL MONETARY DONATIONS TO
Falmouth Military Support Group
P.O. Box 2247
Teaticket, MA 02536
Click here to donate